Wet Butt On Chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CocoChins

My chinchilla is now probably a year now, he is a male beige chinchilla and I've been quite worried. I came downstairs for my usual routine and noticed that his butt is wet. I quickly investigated and came to the conclusion that its probably not blood (due to the fact that there is no sign of blood anywhere on his butt). I quickly got worried and gave him a dust bath to hopefully get rid of the moisture and still, there was no sign of blood anywhere and the dust stayed the exact same colour. It's hard to see because it's at his butt, however, I'm fairly certain it's a brown poo like colour. I'm worried he might have some kind of sickness, like diarrhea, but he hasn't had any treats for a few weeks now and is on a normal chin diet. After I gave him the dust bath it slightly went back to normal colour either than the fact that there was a bit of hair clumping together (because it is wet). Either then this, he is still very active and is doing everything else properly. Is he ok? Should I bring him to the vet? please help.

Are you sure it isn't urine? Maybe he's sitting in it? Urine is a reddish/orange color. It looks a lot like blood.

Back