How to- XL fleece tube covers?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shenanigans

I'm thinking of getting a 10 foot long six inch diameter PVC tube and cutting it into a few different tunnels. I wanted a few big ones for out of the cage playtime. Now that I'm all moved Yuki has a whole room to himself and I'm working on getting it all decked out into a (safe) chin paradise. He's got a fleece covered tube now (from his previous mom) that he doesn't chew on at all, so I'm not too worried about him chewing through the cover, but I don't want to leave the PVC exposed. If I do, I know Yuki will chew on it just because he's not supposed to. I'm wondering if anyone that's done fleece covers has a good pattern/ DIY guide that can easily be modified for different lengths of tube.

Did you look already at the DIY one listed in the sticky on the top of this section?

Yeah. thanks though. Just wasn't sure if anyone with experience making them had any better/other suggestions. I've never done a cover before so I don't know how modifying that pattern to something really long would work. I'm thinking of doing a four foot or so tube and covering it- It's probably going to be a big headache and a lotof work. And then Yuki will have to at least pretend not to like it as much as a plain cardboard box or something. He's a bit ornery about appreciation. :)

Back