Chinchilla Constantly Whimpering/Clucking?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hexified

I'm at a loss at what's wrong with my chinchilla.

She keeps whimpering or grunting or clucking (whatever you want to call it) constantly but still is eating fine, pooping fine, tons of energy.

She just started doing this today and she's had pneumonia before but this doesn't seem to be the same symptoms. No sneezing. No blood anywhere. Still peeing and begging for treats.

Any help is appreciated, here's a video for reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfsMyEoY8s0

She's about 7-8 years old? Not sure if this is her being sick, or if she's in heat? I'm at a loss.

Update: Woke up at 9am this morning worried still, went to go check on her and she's quiet and doesn't seem to be making these weird noises any more?

Wondering if perhaps she didnt like the gas fireplace that I turned on and the smell that comes from it? I rarely use my fireplace so perhaps it was a new smell and she was making these sounds as a warning sound?

im honestly not sure what that sound is atm.

Chins do have shallow respiratory systems, and are a bit sensitive to whats in the air.

My chin makes those sounds often. I think they are happy vocalizations. If I make them she will respond with more noises like that.

only responce iv found else where for this; from a breeder

"Airway/throat constriction, may have been a piece of something or she may be coming down with a URI. They can have infections and still be chipper about it unfortunately."

Back