Cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry
eqevyjyq.jpg

you could make it work decently if you wanted to keep it. Could add some wooden shelves and ledges to give it more floor room. Kinda like the ones that are there but a bit wider.

You can buy some poplar or kiln dried pine at a local store like lowes or such, and cut them to size. Get those two sided screws, screw one side into the wood - put it up to the cage where you want it, add a washer on both sides, and take a wing but and screw it on the other side of the screw. - The bigger the shelf the more of these you will want to use to make sure it is secure. I suggest a minimum of two no matter what the size.

Or you can look at the vendors on here. Give them the size you want the shelves and they can make em and send em to you.

Personally, I say it will work for now, but if it were me I'd look into getting them a bigger cage.

For that one, I'd add things to it. Wood shelves, maybe a fleece tube or hammock. Some hanging toys.
Give the something to do and somewhere to go, sort of thing.

Am going to get a bigger cage sometime I have a wheel to put but waiting until next month to put it in

Well Charlie it a whole in the bottom of cage so it fell off the pan won't stay up hubby fix it But sometime soon he will be getting a bigger cage ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406116019.811296.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406116041.794159.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1406116067.016842.jpg. All that stuff is holding it up

God Is Good And His Love Last Forever

my first male chewed wholes larger them himself in two different corners of the plastic pan before i got him. He did not have enough items to chew on in the cage and that was the next best thing around..

He was plotting an escape. lol

One of my girls chewed a hole in the floor of a superpet cage when I first got her. I'm not even sure how she got it started but she managed to chew one bigger than her in a few short hours. lol

They will outsmart us every time. :neener:

Well that was first time out of his cage we have tried to let him out and he would only jump out on the door then jump back inside

God Is Good And His Love Last Forever

Want to get him a bigger cage is this one a good cage please answer soonImageUploadedByTapatalk1407365199.834117.jpg

Want to get him a bigger cage is this one a good cage please answer soonView attachment 21428
attachment.php

Its not bad if you replace the ramps/plastic. But if your going for a cage like that, you might want to look into a full sized Ferret Nation cage. Its almost the same size (FN might be a litter bigger i think), but imo makes a lot more use of the room inside.

ferret_nation_double-201x300.jpg

You still have to replace the ramps, but i think its a better investment.

Looks like the Feisty Ferret cage, it's very similar to the FN but only one door opens on each level, it's slightly smaller, and I've also heard they rust more then the FN. Also the plastic shelves, ramps, and metal grate on the bottom will need to be removed or have the pan inside the cage and covered instead of under it. I don't know if metal pans can be made for the FF or not, but even so you'd be better off just buying a FN instead, metal pans can be bought for those for sure.

I'm planning on taking the ramps and stuff out and put his shelves in and ledges

Back