Change to west coast show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

Hi, all,
Hope everyone's summer is going well. We have had to change the date of the show due to some unexpected delays in some construction on the building. We are now scheduled for OCTOBER 3RD for the show. No more delays, we'll be in the lower lodge as we were last year. I will post this week on lodging. Hope to see you all there. Should be fun!!

OKAY, WE HAVE A JUDGE!! Whew!! RICH RYERSON has graciously agreed to be our judge. He will also be sharing with us from his experience with working with the Blue Diamond recessive, which is becoming a growing interest out here. If you have considered getting into this line of recessives or are beginning to breed them as some of us are, there will be lots of information and answers to your questions shared.

I will post hotels and more info in the next few days as possible. BUT we are moving forward. Looks like a good time will be had by all . . .

Last edited:
Here's some information on accommodations.
Off exit 15 in Issaquah
Motel 6
1885 15th Place NW, Issaquah, WA 98027
(425) 392-8405 $86 Pets: Yes

Holiday Inn
1801 12th Ave NW, Issaquah, WA 98027
(425) 392-6421 $171 Pets: No

Hilton Garden Inn
1800 NW Gilman Blvd, Issaquah, WA 98027
(425) 837-3600 $203 Pets: No

Off exit 11A in Bellevue
Larkspur Landing
15805 SE 37th St, Bellevue, WA 98006
(425) 373-1212 $169 Pets: Yes

Days Inn
3241 156th Ave SE, Bellevue, WA 98007
(425) 643-6644 $93 Pets: Yes

More information:

Entry fees:

$6.00 per animal (MCBA Members); $8.00 per animal (Non-MCBA Members)

$5.00 per animal Baby derby (MCBA Member); $6.00 per animal Baby Derby (Non MCBA Member)

Membership in MCBA is $30 per year and applications will be available at the show or can be downloaded from the MCBA web site.

We're working on some raffle offerings. Raffle tickets are $2.50 each or 5 for $10.00. I or Claire will post when we have those nailed down.

Looking forward to a great time with a great judge and all of you.

Raffles

Here are some of the donated raffles. They are two sets, one toast and one chocolate, of luxury towels. They were donated by a realtor who uses them to stage homes but had an extra set for me. Each set is six pieces, the toast is in two packages, the chocolate is in one package. More raffle items to come.

Attachments

• DSC07282.jpg
    DSC07282.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC07284.jpg
    DSC07284.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 7
Trophies

Here are this year's trophies. Yes, we did upgrade. Hope this makes everyone excited. We are!!

Oh, just so there's no confusion, we award rosette ribbons for phase & section champions. It's all good!

Attachments

• DSC07286.jpg
    DSC07286.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC07287.jpg
    DSC07287.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC07288.jpg
    DSC07288.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 7
More Raffles

More raffles: Twilight Chinchillas will be shipping us some furniture (houses, shelves, etc.) to be raffled. Her stuff is the best quality, fun, and really functional for chins. Attached is a picture of some of her stuff that she's done in the past. I don't know if what she will be sending will be decorated. It's always awesome though. I have a couple of those swings and my chins LOVE them!!

Attachments

• 4613783_orig.jpg
    4613783_orig.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 14
Just wanted to add to the raffle, we will be having dust, not the Swiffer kind, but Blue Cloud. There will be several bags raffled and only offered as raffles.

Come join us!!

My husband has made a house and ledge for the raffle. There will also be a raffle basket of chinny supplies (dust, hammock, hanging toy with refill chews, ceramic food dish and matching treat dish

HERE WE GO!! Hope everyone is ready, hope I am too. Only a few days to go and it's exciting. Can't wait to see everyone and share some good times.

See you soon,

I just want it to be understood, our raffles were all paid for by me. NO ONE donated anything and NO ONE should be pressuring ANYONE to donate to any future shows. We pay our way. We always have and always will.

Show Results

Congratulations to Ryan Chinn

Grand Show Champion Violet male #C72C D27 095
Reserve Grand Show Het. Beige Female #C72C D22 087
Champ Male of Show Violet male #C72C D27 095
Res Male of Show Black Velvet # C72C D20 069

Back