Atlantic Chapter Show info

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6Dusters

Anyone have any information on the Atlantic Chapter show this spring?

On the MCBA directory, the information for contacts is old and out dated.

Here is the info I just got with permission to post.

Good morning everyone. We do appreciate everyone's patients in the matter of where the 2015 show will be held. As announced earlier this show season, the date has remained April 18th. I know a few people were very concerned over a possible date change as you had already planned for the show to be on that date. We found a location that would accommodate that request. I am pleased to announce the location and Judge for the 2015 Atlantic chapter show. It will be located at 70 south Main Street, cherry tree, pa. While this is a new show hall for us, keep in mind this is a temporary location until a more permanent location can be found in future years. The board voted to have Richard Ryerson judge our show and he has graciously accepted! I am excited to have him as a judge and hope everyone will welcome him this year.
With all the excitement I however must announce a bit of bad news. The hall will not be available to us until around 10pm on Friday night. I do understand this will cause an issue for a some of our members. Please accept my apologies and understand that this was our last resort. I will be at the show hall as long as possible on Friday night and as early as possible Saturday morning to keep the hall open for those traveling long distances. If you wish to contact me on Friday, April 17th I will let you know if I am planning on just staying at the hall all night or not.
Also, the closest hotels are just over 30 min away from the hall. I understand this may be a concern and I do apologize for the inconvenience. This again is another reason this is a temporary hall. We will be scouting out new locations for the 2016 show in the next month or so for better options for future years. Our main concern for this year was to find a hall so we could have a show. Please understand that this was a very difficult decision for is and we have never incurred as many obsticals this year as we have in previous years.
We do hope that we see all the familiar faces that frequent our show as well as many new faces that have joined the show circuit. We will release information on show book ads, donations for the raffle, and trophy donations in the next week.
Thank you again for your time and patience with us.
Brandi Bowen
Atlantic Chapter President

The condensed version

Date: April 18th, 2015
Location: 71 S. Main St., Cherry Tree, PA @ The Cherry Tree Social Hall
Judge: Richard Ryerson
Registration: Fri. April 17th (10pm-1am) & Sat. April 18th (6am-10am)
Fees: $5/animal for members, $6/animal for non-members, $5 per family not showing
Lodging: City Hotel in Northern Cambria, PA (814)951-0303 $105-120/night
Red Carpet in Ebensburg, PA (814)472-8002 $75/night
Noon Collins B&B in Ebensburg, PA (814)472-4311 $80-90/night

**BABY DERBY & RAFFLE WILL BE HELD**

Get Your Showbook Ads NOW!

For anyone wishing to have an ad in the showbook, half page ads are $5 & full page ads are $10. Ads & payment can be submitted to: [email protected]

DEADLINE IS MARCH 31st, PLEASE HAVE YOUR ADS SUBMITTED BY THEN!

**FREE half page ad for anyone donating to the raffle**

going wooot!!!

will have my last string of animals shown. all will be or sale. all will be pure standards except for 1 sapphire. 9-10 females and 5 males.

Show Hall

Will the show hall be available to leave the animals overnight Saturday night and pick up Sunday morning?

Steve, it's my understanding from both Brandi AND the hall, that after bingo (after 10pm) the hall should be available to us. MOST will not want to be there that late, soooo...but that's my understanding of it. Ask Brandi for certain!

I understand about Friday night; my question is regarding Saturday night after the show. Since we will have a 9 hour drive home, we will be staying in a hotel Saturday night after the show. I need to know if we can leave the chins in the show hall overnight that night or if I need to find a "pet friendly" hotel.

Steve, I apologize :) misread that...ummm...I'm going to say they're going to have to go with you. Just because I know this place is being rented for the day and not the weekend...though, again, something Brandi may want to discuss with the hall. I will check in with her and/or them :)

I'm pretty sure Jim and Amanda are going to be there. I would imagine June and Bob as well.

I won't be there this year. Went to the Nationals few weeks back. Didn't want to stress them. I had planned to come just to watch. But things are complicated this week.
Father in law having open heart surgery as we speak. My husband flew to Florida to "hold down the fort" and will be there for a couple weeks.
On top of that, I just spent a small fortune in the last couple days at the vets office battling a case of constipation with my best breeding male.

The good news is, I have one female BV here that is pregnant. And my faith is super strong today. :angelic:
Now if one of my cats doesn't stop sniffling.......I'll be seeing my vet again with a feline this time.
Perhaps I should just ask if they have some sort of fast lane check out counter. Rolls eyes.

Good luck everyone. Hope someone takes photo's so I can view all those beautiful animals. Hope to make it next year. Safe travels to you all.

Without a doubt Jim & Amanda are coming :) I hadn't heard anyone confirm June & Bob though I SO hope they come :) Same for Shoots, no confirmation yet...

I know of the mid-sized/smaller herds it will be me, Brea, Cheryl, Brandy S., Dee, Jen Nardone, Crissy C...Juanita? Though I'm not sure if she's showing or just there for moral support LOL

That's too bad, I hadn't heard. I think Christiane planned on showing too. HMPH! Well, hopefully it's still a good turnout. I'll be there still, bright and early!

No I can't make it, broke my foot in three places the day before yesterday. :( I am really upset about not being able to make it.

SOOOO...turnout wasn't as good as hoped for. BUT we did have an awesome hall, even if it was a bit small the hall and hall people were GREAT and such a big help. I think with better planning we could definitely improve the show. Those that did attend had a great time, and there were some VERY nice animals to be had at this show. Congrats to all the awesome winners, you all deserved it!

Back