California ECBC Fall Field Day - Salinas, CA - Nov 15, 2014

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aznmexaggie

Chinchilla Chateau
California Group ECBC Fall Field Day
Standard and Mutation Show

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Laurel Inn and Conference Center
801 W Laurel Dr.
Salinas, CA 93906

Room rate: $70/night

Please contact show chair, Cara Beasley, for more info: [email protected]

** 2014 Fall Field Day **
November 15th
Salinas, California
Judge: Donna Read

Show Location:

Laurel Inn and Conference Center
801 West Laurel Drive
Salinas, California 93906
Ph: (831) 449-2474
Continental breakfast included.*
Ask for "Chin Show" rate - $70.
Black Bear Diner on premises.*

~ SPECIAL EVENTS ~*SILENT AUCTION:*Listing Prices: $75 minimum/ $500 maximum, Silent Auction format.Bid increment 10%, with a minimum bid of $10.
Door Prize & 50/50 drawings
Audience judging – Audience members interested in participating may submit their names to the show table. Two inexperienced members and one experienced member will be randomly selected to judge each class. This will be a great opportunity to learn the judging process, so we encourage everyone to participate!

Saturday - November 15, 2014

6am - 9am Grooming/Registration
*No charge for admission to the event.
$5.00 per animal for members,
$7.50 per animal for non-members*
Silent Auction Entry
9am-9:30am Grooming demonstration
9:30-11am TBA
11am Judging begins
TBA Lunch break

Special Events and Other Info:Junior breeder awards - for those with 7 years or less breeding and showing experience, points counted for all animals entered.50/50 Drawing and Door Prize drawing (please bring a gift for the table).Silent Auction.10% of all animal sales during the show weekend is payable to the CA ECBC group by the selling rancher/breeder, regardless if the animal is shown or not.

Hi,

I was wondering how many folks will be arriving in Salinas Friday night? I would be happy to arrange a hospitality room with food if enough folks will be around. Please let me know, and I'll make an announcement later this week.

The conference center is really nice, we will have lots of room to spread out. Remember to mention "Chinchilla Show" when making reservations, and request a room facing the conference center for your convenience.

Thanks!
Sandy

Here is an email from SandyD, for those coming in Friday:

Hi,

I was wondering how many folks will be arriving in Salinas Friday night?* I would be happy to arrange a hospitality room with food if enough folks will be around.* Please let me know, and I'll make an announcement later this week.

The conference center is really nice, we will have lots of room to spread out. Remember to mention "Chinchilla Show" when making reservations, and request a room facing the conference center for your convenience.*

Thanks,

Sandy
[email protected]

A few notes on the show:
Set up for the show will start around 4pm on Friday. Any and all help for set up is greatly appreciated. I will be happy to help rough groom and fill out paperwork once everything is set up for anyone that helps. Plus there will be goodies and snacks out to share.

There will be a grooming demo from 9 to 9:30, grooming will continue after this demo so you can practice what you learned.

All animals must be groomed, in a show cage, and all paperwork turned in by 11am!!! We are starting the show later so that we can have a grooming demo and give people more time to get stuff ready, this does not mean that you can show up at 11 and then start to get ready.

There will be coffee and juice available in the show hall as well as some snacks.

Can't wait to see everyone there!

This was such a fun field day! I brought my three 4-H kids in the chinchilla project group for their first show experience. They were the animal handlers and each got to take turns judging a class alongside the judge. Here are the results from the show:

Grand Show Mutation - Bg - Chinchilla Chateau
Reserve Grand Show Mutation - Bg - Chinchilla Chateau

White CC - PW - Chinchilla Chateau
White RCC - PW - Chinchilla Chateau

Beige CC - Chinchilla Chateau
Beige RCC - Chinchilla Chateau

Sapphire CC - Chinchillas QED

Black Velvet CC - Jinn and Ryan Wu
Black Velvet RCC - Jinn and Ryan Wu

Grand Show Standard - Chinchilla Chateau
Reserve Grand Show Standard - Chinchilla Chateau

Class 1 CC - Chinchilla Chateau
Class 1 RCC - Jinn and Ryan Wu
Class 2 CC - Chinchilla Chateau
Class 2 RCC - Conchita Rivers
Class 3 CC - Chinchilla Chateau
Class 3 RCC - Chinchilla Chateau
Class 4 CC - Chinchilla Chateau
Class 4 RCC - Chinchilla Chateau

1st place Jr Breeder - Jinn and Ryan Wu
2nd place Jr Breeder - David Walters (XTC)
3rd place Jr Breeder - Sarah Rivers

Baby Derby 1st place - Amber Gold
Baby Derby 2nd place - Sarah Rivers
Baby Derby 3rd place - Abigail Arroyo

4-H/FFA Showmanship Awards
Conchita Rivers
Abigail Arroyo
Sarah Rivers

Here are some pictures! Sorry they're not the greatest quality. My phone camera tends to do weird stuff with colors and lighting.

20141115_081846_zpse2dd5b85.jpg

4-H members grooming

20141115_114414_zps64e0f55a.jpg

A young champagne (Lowe RW)

2014-11-16012536_zps8ac389d8.jpg

Beiges

2014-11-16072926_zps9e1e49bd.jpg

BVs

20141115_135040_zps215ab687.jpg

Back