Finally ..2 Chin'girls are here!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Aneesa's Muse

I met the girls' human a little after noon, today ..and we chatted a bit (I behaved and tried not to look scornful.. too much :p ) ..and now, we are home and settled in some.

They are HUGE compared to my little dude, Phoenix.. :eek:

The Beige girl (Palay) is not too happy about being carted all over the place for the last few days ..and she's a little restless in the quarantine cage. The Black Velvet (Obsidian) is a little timid right now, but she went straight for the Oxbow!

Both are letting me touch them and rub cheeks, but they were none too pleased about being transferred ..and they seem more calm when I'm standing in the doorway watching, rather than IN the room...

..so I only took some quick pics and I'll leave them be for a bit.....

IM002063.jpg

This is Palay.. the littlest one. She's about 2 years old now..

IM002064.jpg

Palay: "I'll protect you, Obsidian.. just snuggle up with me... "

IM002065.jpg

This is Obsidian.. the big girl ...would actually make 2 of Phoenix! She's probably 4-5 years old ..and I'm, at least, her 5th home.

I put them in this big "flight" cage, to save space in the room they'll be quarantining in, but I just noticed how much rust is on the base ...and will have to rearrange that room and fit the Mansion in there sooner. I don't want them to be exposed to that icky rust.

Aww, they're so sweet! I love Obsidian's ears...they're huge! :p

I bet you're so relieved to have them home, finally. Good for you.

Thank you, Susan! I am relieved ..mucho grande!! :D

Their former human thought Obsidian may be one of the other sub-species ..since her ears are so large. I'll do some research and check it out later. They are exceptionally large and she mostly holds them down, rather than up. Maybe someone here can shed some light on that..

Subspecies? She's just a big girl with big ears. Glad to see you got them, good luck with getting them settled in, and have fun with the new girlies.

Oh Yay! I'm glad they finally have found their forever home, such big pretty girl's. I think they are a great addition to your family. Uhem, I still need to see my Phoenix boy though, it's been weeks!

Pretty chinnies, congrats to all of you! I would double-check their sex just in case the former owner/s didn't do diligence :).

So glad you got them home! They are cuties!

Just a side note, Obsidian doesn't look much like a black velvet to me. She has no paw stripes or face mask. I think she might be more of a dark standard.

Good - looking and big! Don't be surprised if they loose some weight after being removed from that "crap" food - it's got a lot of fat content in it!

Thank you, Everyone! :)

I was told Obsidian is "black velvet" ..but only took it with a grain of salt. She could be poop brown with orange streaks and neon green eyes.. haha... she's PERFECT in every way, whatever color! ;)

I was told Obsidian is "black velvet" ..but only took it with a grain of salt. She could be poop brown with orange streaks and neon green eyes.. haha... she's PERFECT in every way, whatever color! ;)
Lol, I agree. She's perfect in every way. They both are. Glad they're in a wonderful home now and hopefully their final one too. When they're more settled in I hope to see some more pics of the two gals.

Good to see them finally home! :thumbs: I too am wanting to see recent pictures or Mr. Pheonix. Congrats on the girls. Hugs

I know it was really frustrating for you to finally get them but so glad they found you. Congratulations!

Sorry, I didn't mean she wasn't a total cutie, because she totally is. :) Just wanted to let you know what color she really is in case it mattered for something one of these days. Didn't want you to be mislead.

Thanks Everyone!

Obsidian is still being a sweet "little" girl, while her friend Palay ..well, she's not being well behaved already ...she's a mess times 10!! She quickly figured out the door latches ..and was happily exploring the house, while I made dinner. Fortunately, she did not get into Phoenix's room, but she was in every other one! It was pretty cute ..hubby came busting into the kitchen.. "Your dust bunny is loose.. he just ran in the bathroom.... noo.. he's going into The Room.. " Once I could check Phoenix ..and then figure out who else must be AWOL.. I discovered that my little Buster mouse was on parade, too! So I wrangled Buster up ..so Palay wouldn't eat him.. and then I bribed Obsidian with a shreddie (she was getting very anxious about Palay's absence) ....I was able to wrangle Palay. She was NOT happy and told me in a few nasty chin'words.. :D

There's a lock on the latch, now..

I'm working on fresh pics of Mr. Phoenix.. I just don't like to disturb his beauty sleep and it's not easy to get pics of him when hubby is around (hubby has an aversion to cameras :eek: )

Solarsis.. thank you for the clarification. I didn't think you were being anything other than helpful ;)

Back