The Chin Wheel/Saucer Poll

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Wheel Is Your Favorite? - Feel Free To Comment The Pros and Cons Of Your Wheel

• The ChinSpin

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Leo Braun Wheel

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Silver Surfer

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • The Flying Saucer

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Other - Please Comment

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

chinchillachris

Student of my chinchillas
Hi fellow chin owners! I'm in the market for a new chinchilla wheel or saucer and I just wanted to start this poll to get an idea of what type of wheel most people like for their chin. I also thought this poll might be helpful for other people who are looking for a wheel and want to know what wheel is most popular among chin owners. If you want, feel free to comment the pros and cons of your favorite wheel!
~Chris
P.S. Just a quick question that I was hoping someone could answer; I noticed the ChinSpin has wood on the back, will the chinchillas eat that?

Silver surfers are light, easy to hang, and cheap but they can be noisy. I know one person tied something around the hooks so it didn't move around as much.

I've also heard that the silver surfer is one of the louder wheels, which unfortunately isn't too good for me since my chin's cage is in the hallway outside my brother and sister's bedrooms and I don't want the chins making too much noise and waking everyone.

I have a Leo Braun style wheel. It's the only type of chin wheel I've ever had but my girls love it. The wheel itself is silent. It's attached to the cage in 4 different spots so it's very secure. The noise comes from the rattle oft eh cage and everything in it. Not sure how to lessen the cage rattle.

I have the larger chin spin for my 2 boys. They absolutely love it and it's very quiet. We have a small living room and we don't even notice when they're running on it while we're watching TV.

When I first got my chinchilla, I purchased a wheel from a local pet store. It was so incredibly noisy, I quickly removed it. When I went to a local expo, they had silent wheels which worked much better. My chinchillas loved it! I've also had a saucer, however it seemed to take longer for the chinchillas to understand how to use it.

Best wheel

I'm sure everyone knows that chins urinate on their wheels. The chin spin has a wooden back which will absorb the urine, creating potential health problems for the chin and odors in the home. If you own a chin spin, take a look at the back and you will see staining in the wood. Wouldn't it be better to spend a few extra bucks on a high-quality wheel which will not harbor germs and diseases? You can avoid costly vet bills when you keep your chin's habitat the cleanest it can be. Leo braun style wheels have a powder-coated finish, easily sanitized with cleaner and a rag. They are the best wheels out there and are on ebay right now for 99.00 plus shipping.

I use the new Silver Surfer in Deja Blue ( it's blue in color only difference) I found it to he cheaper than the chin spin. I got mine for around 80$ on ebay including shipping. They love it. It's not silent but they have their own room on my home so it doesn't bother anyone. The ladies love it.

I saw this saucer recently in my search for a wheel. I can't spend $100 but I want one that will last. I worried about the chins eating the wood on the Chin Spin. I also worried about the urine issue warping or staining the wood. My chins don't pee on their current wheel (Wodent Wheel) so maybe it'd be ok. But they chew the bejeepers out of the plastic in the Wodent Wheel. Here is the saucer I wondered about. Has anyone tried this one? http://www.exoticnutrition.com/trwhla14in.html

I plan on purchasing the Chin Spin, so I love seeing that it's the favorite wheel for chin owners! (According to the poll) :)

Love the ChinSpin. It saves so much floor space inside the cage! Quality Cage Crafters has made a near bomb proof cage accessory. Built to last!!!

Back