My Sleepy Old Lady

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlbertaGirl

Expert Wheel Scrubber
Here is Ron sleeping in her favourite spot... her litter box. :rolleyes: Sorry it's a bit blurry - I didn't want to use the flash and disturb her.

S6300809.jpg

I was at the vet with my beardie this morning and was talking to the vet about Ronnie. She's seemed a little more stiff and tired lately, and her appetite hasn't been as good, so he prescribed a new painkiller for her. She's had two doses so far, and it's already improved her appetite. By tomorrow I should be able to tell if its helping her mobility at all. I hope it helps her to feel a bit better!

What a great picture! Poor girl, she's so tired. Does she realize her soft bed is actually where she's "supposed" to go potty!

Oh, she has her own ideas about that! The "Ronnie approved" potty area is now the space right in front of the litter box, so I've had to put paper towel down there to catch everything. I guess she really likes Yesterdays News... why poop in it when you can sleep in it, right? :rolleyes:

Thank you for the picture Sandi. She is just so special and beautiful.

She is too precious sleeping in the potty! LOL Maybe its cozier on her joints in there.. Have you thought of making her a hammock type bed? Like a sandwich tupperware with a Fleece covering so she is suspended? Not saying that her new bed choice isnt a good one.. but its just a thought.

And please keep sharing pictures of her she is too pretty!

I got a new camera yesterday and was able to get a better pic of her in her usual location just now:
IMG_0005.jpg

I like the idea of a hammock bed, Melissa. My only concern would be that she wouldn't be able to easily get in and out since she's not very agile any more. I'll have to look around the house and see if I have something that might work... :hmm:

What a sweet old gal. I wonder if she likes the YN because it's firmer and nicer to her joints? From what my mom tells me, the elderly patients she used to work with vastly prefer firmer beds because they provide better support for their backs and hips. Maybe it's the same case for little Ronnie.

Could be... whatever her reasons are, she sleeps in her litter box almost 100% of the time now. I just peeked in on her and it looks for all the world like she's smiling! I love her so much. :heart3:

Awww, what a sweet little thing. If it makes her so happy, who are you to question, eh? LOL. At least she doesn't poop in the box and then sleep ON it...

Back