Hooks for Hammocks?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mishalaa

Irish Chinchilla
I need to make some hammocks but I couldn't find either pear clips or O links or snap locks. I was at Wal-mart and looked in both the notions section of the arts & crafts area where I got the grommets, as well as in hardware. I haven't gone anywhere else yet, like Lowe's or Home Depot, but was hoping someone could point me in the right direction so I know where to look when I do go. =)

those one round rings that i always used to use are at wal-mart in the office section

ETA- they are very cheap and they come in different colors :D

those one round rings that i always used to use are at wal-mart in the office section

ETA- they are very cheap and they come in different colors :D

Same here, they have them at my Walmart 4 for like 50 cents, I can get them and send them to you Mish, if you can't find them.

You can get about 100 for $20 at office max, or any office supply store. They are loose leaf binder rings. I think they come in packets of 4 or boxes of 20.

Last edited:
You can also check for plain metal shower curtain rings too. I have some plain ones for Izzie's hammock, and they work just fine.

I use the pear clips in the bath or curtain sections, and order snap hooks online (Joann Fabrics has them but I think they are too small for my purposes). Here's a pic of what I'm talking about
Hardware.jpg

If you are looking to get snap hooks in bulk, Baron Manufacturing has good prices :).

I buy them in bulk online. I've looked all over in regular stores but never found anything close to what I use so I just get them shipped in...winds up being cheaper even with shipping

I'd actually prefer the snap hooks to anything, the pear hooks are kind of big and the O links are too hard to attach to cages with small wire spacing. Snap hooks are simple, I just have to find them big enough to hold a hammock. But as I'll be needing the hammocks by this weekend, I might just get a couple O links from Wal-mart until I can get some snap hooks shipped in. Thanks gang!

I know you said you prefer the snap hooks, but I find the pear shaped shower hooks in the curtain hardware section .. $1.29/dozen ..at Orchard Supply Hardware (but probably at every other hardware store, as well).

Back