CA ECBC Spring Field Day - March 28, 2009

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4everchins

Summer Hale
2009 California Group Spring Claiming Show
Date: March 28, 2009 (showroom open Friday evening for cooping of animals)
City & State: Modesto, CA

Event Location: Clarion Motel
Vinyard 3 Banquet Hall
1612 Sisk Rd.
Modesto, CA

Hotel Information: Clarion Motel and Conference Center
1-209-527-7666
Ask for Empress Chinchilla (ECBC) rates ($72)

Show Type: Standard Show & Mutation Show
Limit: No Limits Specified
Multiple Ribbons
Judges: To Be Announced
Show Chair(s): Rod Read
Vicki Cloutier

Registration & Caging: $5.00 per animal for members,
$7.50 per animal for non-members
Grooming 7:00 - 9:45 am

Special Events: Claiming Show with a minimum price of $75.00 and a maximum price of $400.00. 10% of the final selling price will be retained by the hosting branch to help fund future events.
Other Details: Successful National Show Competitors must make their animals available for purchase as determined by the Group.

Let's all make the effort to attend this show! We need big turnouts (both people and animals) to support our group and hold shows in the future. Let's all bring every showable animal we have and make this show competitive and fun!

I wouldn't mind driving down to Modesto to say hi to some of my chinnie acquaintances. I've never been to a show.

Tina you shoud go! I'd loved to finely meet you. :D We have lots of fun and learn you lots neat stuff.

No you don't have to bring any chins, just you and it's free to watch. We always have lots fun too!

Summer, I'm planning on bringing 17 at this point... the number may change though, haha. A couple of the girls I was going to bring (who I still have caged together... my own fault) had a spat and decided to spray each other and now their bellies are tinged yellow. I got as much out as I could with a baby wipe and am dusting them like crazy but it just won't go away.

I would urge anyone in the area to go and just watch! It's fun to meet the people you talk with on the forums and also to see all the chinchillas of every color on the show table. It's a great learning experience too; the field days are very informative and the ranchers are always ready and willing to answer any questions. I hope everyone can make it!

What time should the people just watching get there? I see grooming is till 9:45 so sometime between then and 10 i assume?

Yes, the show will start at about 10:00 am but it's nice to get there beforehand to see how the animals are groomed and the prep that goes into the shows.

As a first timer, I have a few questions...

I would like to bring my Stolie (he has the nicest coats out of my chins). I don't have a show cage though, only my travel cage. Is that alright or do I need to get a "real" cage.

How long does it last?

Being a newbie, I don't want to get in anyones way. Is there any online info about grooming or someone who would be willing to help me a bit?

As a first timer, is it better to just go and watch?

And I know this is a silly question, but how far away is it from Santa Barbara? (Ha, I'm such a newbie:dance3:)

Thanks!

You don't need a show cage they are provided for you. Just bring him in his travel cage.
The length of the show depends on how many chins are being shown. There might be something under the thread for showing. My 1st show I didn't bring any chins I just watched. Bring your chin then you can hear the comments the judge has on him. If you do a map quest from your address to the show's address it will tell you how many miles and how to get there.

oxchincerelyxo -

Like Nan said, you don't need to bring a show cage as they are provided for all the animals. Just bring your travel cage.

Shows generally last until 1 - 2 pm or so and there is normally an hour lunch break.

If you get there early, anyone will be willing to help groom. You only will be bringing one chin so it shouldn't take too long.

I brought my Gizmo to the first show I attended. I learned to groom, entered her in the show, and got to hear the judges comments after they evaluated her. I think you get the best experience when you participate in it entirely and it makes it more exciting too when your chinnie is on the show table!

It's about 5 hours from Santa Barbara to Modesto... that's about the same length of time it takes me to get to the fall shows down in Frazier Park.

Does anyone who's planning on coming have an extra 50# bag of Blue Cloud they would sell? I just need one bag to hold me over until I make my next trip to pick some up!

The phone # to the hotel is 209-521-1612. I tried that other phone # and it didn't work had to go to the white pages to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back