Washington

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inca-bink

Here's the contact info for a few vets I got off of CnQ a few months ago. I haven't been to any of them yet, so if anyone has comments on them, that might be good.

Dr. Jennifer Tavares, Dr. James C.Little, or Dr. Kathryn Krueger
All Creatures Animal Hospital
4091 State Hwy 3 West
Bremerton/Gorst, WA 98312
(360) 377-3801

Dr. Cathy Johnson-Delaney & Dr. Elizabeth Kamaka
Eastside Avian & Exotic Animal Medical Center
13603 00th Ave NE
Kirkland, WA
(425) 821-6165

I've been to All Creatures Animal Hospital and in particular they really did an ace job with Nibbler when he was injured :) The vet I saw seemed quite knowledgeable about what meds to put him on and their side effects, as well as discussed the treatment with me instead of writing down some scripts and sending me on my way. Unfortunately I don't remember her name, but the hospital in general hasn't wronged me yet!

We love Dr. Kamaka!!

We take our 3 chins to Dr. Kamaka in Kirkland. She is fantastic and very thorough, which I have to say the chins don't appreciate (the latter, anyway). White Boy always gives her the stink-eye (furry eyeball) after his exams - she checks teeth, palpates the guts, checks for hair rings, the whole shebang - even checks the poops in the lab there at the clinic. She is very wonderful and caring, concerning both her patients and their families. She has kept our boys in perfect health!
:thumbsup:

24/7 Emergency vet (boarding also available)

When my chinnie R2 needed some dental work, I had to find someone highly competent when Dr. Kamaka was unavailable. I found an excellent vet in Bothell that only sees exotics (no cats/dogs). Dr. Maas did a complete work-up on R2 - he even sent me home with a DVD copy of R2's x-rays after he thoroughly discussed the results with me. They have a new 3-story building, with state-of-the-art facilities (they gave me a full tour). A vet is ALWAYS on call for emergencies, 24/7. I boarded Mocha there while I went out of town for Thanksgiving. They would even call me back after hours to let me know how Mocha was doing while I was away. I have not traveled since my husband's death in 2009 because I didn't have a reliable chin-sitter available. It is really easy to find as well - you can see the building from 405.

The Center for Bird & Exotic Animal Medicine
www.theexoticvet.com
11401 NE 195th St
Bothell, WA 98011
425-486-9000

Dr. Kamaka has moved from Eastside Avian & Exotic - she now has her own practice.
Kamaka Exotic Animal Veterinary Services
www.kamakaexoticvet.com
23914 56th Ave W.
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
425-361-2183

Back