Who's watching American Idol?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, the best performances were Adam (of course I'm biased though <33333), Kris, and Alison. Everyone else was forgettable and ridiculously boring. I expected a lot better and more current songs this week. That definitely didn't happen!

I'm really disappointed because I really like Matt & he just hasn't been doing so hot.

I hope Megan goes home. I can't stand much more of her.

*goes back to watch Adam 10 more times*

Adam was really good. He has like, THE best vocals and range. Allison's really good too.

I'm definitely not a fan of Danny Gokey. He didn't do a good job on the song last week...

Play that funky music? Really? I can't believe Simon didn't rip Adam apart - Megan can't get her groove...Kris was hands down the best and Alison did a good job- I think Anoop might be in trouble...

Kris was by far the best of the bunch tonight. IMO the best tonight were Kris and Scott, Scott finally rising to the ocassion. The top 4 were Kris, Scott, Danny and Adam--Allison was okay tonight, normally I really, really like her tonight was okay. Matt did much better than the judges gave him credit for. Anoop and Megan should be shot--what horrid performances tonight. That and the fact Anoop was snotty to the judges. Anoop seems like a very intelligent young man--don't be a r & b singer Anoop, be a doctor!

And seriously can we just smack the crap out of Kara? I can't stand her. If it's not her saying you don't have the chops to sing that song sweetie she's doing th whole I've got 6 words for you, or I've got 3 words for you. I've got two words for you Kara--SHUT UP!

I'm thinking Megan will go home but you never know--she does deserve to go home I don't think she's nearly as good as the rest of the gang

As of tonight I believe the standings are:
Adam
Kris
Danny
Allison
Matt
Scott
Anoop
Lil Rounds
Megan

I will say I don't care for Adam's Elvis look so get rid of it Adam.

And Peggy, there is no horn on Matt--but now I have to look everytime and it makes me crack up thinking of you!!!

Megan was lowest for votes the last time I checked so finally.....she MAY actually go home this week :) She's like this years Sanjaya! VFTW poster child is right LOL

Adam was aweseome as ususal and considering he had to pick that song on Monday is even better! He was originally going to sing Crazy, and was told it was ok to do, then at the last minute they told him it was NOT approved and he had to pick something else which is why he gave such big Props to the band for helping him out.

Gokey was actually ok this week, but he sounds the same every week :(

Kris actually wasn't so boring like he usually is.

I could not stand Scotts arrangement on Just the way your are, but I LOVE Billy Joel so I don't think I'd ever like much of anything done differently to any of his songs. If he were a better actual singer, I may have liked it more but I just don't think he can sing well at all..

Lil was good.....takes guts to take on Celine so I gotta give props to her :) although it was not as good as she could have done if she picked a better song.

Allison well.....I just did not like it. She messed up some words but covered that fact well, but she just was not as good as she's been in past weeks....but I don't think she's going anywhere quite yet.

My bottom 3 predictions for this week are: (not that its hard to pick them LOL)

Megan
Anoop
Matt

Last edited:
ACK...missed the edit, but I *MAY* know the theme for next week and what Adam is supposed to be singing already :)

I thought Danny was excellent. He hit every note, he was comfortable and relaxed. I disagree with Randy. I don't think you constantly have to throw yourself around the stage like some kind of maniac, especially not with that particular kind of song.

Kris was outstanding as well. The arrangement was wonderful, loved the orchestral side to it.

Allison really disappointed me. I didn't like the song, I didn't like her voice singing it.

Adam was Adam. Same ole, same ole over the top, Broadway overacting/oversinging. The thing is, he is PERFECT for Broadway. He would absolutely shine and would end up with a Tony. How many Tony award winners do you hear on the radio today? Um, that would be none off the top of my head. He is a born actor, just not a fantabulous singer as people keep thinking. I wish people would see past what they consider his good looks and his charisma to actually listen to his voice. It's just okay. He channels Gene Simmons all the time with his tongue hanging out and the screeching and yelling, but is that what you want to hear on the radio? That's just not my thing. Play that Funky Music White Boy? For pete sake, why not sing a little Perry Como or some Tony Bennett while you're up there. It's just about as interesting.

Matt was awful. From the moment he opened his mouth he was doomed. Fast forward, fast forward. I didn't see all the praise being heaped on Scott being justified either. The judges constantly say to people - shake it up, do something different! What did he do? He sat behind the piano and whined again. Yes, we know, you're blind. So are you going to sing ballads your entire professional life? May as well sign up for the lounges in Las Vegas, because that's where you're headed with that. Seriously, I REALLY wish they would do Queen again. What will he choose then? Not a ton of Queen ballads that he could carry off.

Megan and Lil both sucked. What is the deal with Lil and her hair?? Her song was horrible and her dress/hair was worse. Megan will still be there this week. VFTW decided at show 1 she was going to be their girl, and she still is, and will continue to be. If I had to guess I would say Matt is going home, but, you never know.

It isn't even worth giving a comment on Anoop. He was, as Simon says "Utterly forgettable" and his cocky attitude surely isn't warranted.

It'll be interesting tonight to see what happens. :)

Megan was so bad I wouldn't even consider what she did as singing.

I liked Scott and Kris this week. Danny and Adam as usual. I never liked Allison and continue not to like her. I don't care for brassy, loud woman but that's just me. Anoop's performance was forgettable.

I pray Megan goes home.

I really hope Megan goes home. Not only do I not like her singing, my boyfriend always comments on how hot her sleeve is. :rolleyes:

I really hope Megan goes home. Not only do I not like her singing, my boyfriend always comments on how hot her sleeve is. :rolleyes:

Really? I always think she looks dirty. Someone get the soap and water! LOL

Adam is born to Broadway I agree. You may not hear them on the radio, but they do make it to TV! My favorite of all time first American Idol--Sam Harris of Star Search fame was just on an episode of Rules of Engagement! I LOVE him! He's an excellent singer and actor so I would think Adam would find a niche there.

My bottom three are Megan, Lil' Rounds and Anoop. And only Anoop because he was rude to the judges. He doesn't look like a thug yet he wants to sing and be thug--come on Anoop you're smarter than that!!

My bottom three predictions are Megan, Scott, Anoop. Or Megan, Scott, Allison.

I'm pretty sure David Cook is performing BTW! :D:D

All I can say is that I hope Megan goes home. She is a moron and she's boring!!

I'm definitely not going to listen to that performance again...it was the right choice.

Did ya'll think they were lip syncing the Journey song??? It sounds like they were...which is weird/odd/disappointing. David Cook was good and hot as usual. Lady Gaga's performance was kind of different but her singing SUCKED. It really annoys me when top of the charts artists can't sing live...JMO.

I am happy with who was eliminated.
Lady Gaga was horrible..but I am not a fan of hers anyways. Cook was good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back