I have a TRIO!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MyFuzzies

Yesterday I decided to modify Frick, Frack & Remi's cage by cutting a doorway in Remi's floor (he's on top) so that they could all utilize the whole cage. They have been so funny since I did this!! Remi was a little upset at first that the twins were invading his home, but once he figured out he could go into theirs he was fine. They've all been having a blast playing together...they've had out-of-cage playtime just about every day, but this is different. There's been ALOT of all 3 of them popcorning LOL...almost like they're competing. Late last night they were huddled on a ledge together in kind of a "conga line" with Remi (BV) in the middle of Frick & Frack (Beiges)...it was a very cute Remi sandwich :laughitup:

I slept on the couch last night (it's next to their cage) just in case something went wrong. I woke up this morning to find all 3 of them sleeping in Remi's tube together!! Of course, by the time I got the camera they moved. I'm going to try to get pics of them today in their new "happy home".

Sounds good! It's always nice when they can buddy up with at least one other furry so they can snuggle together. :D

Congrats! I know it can be really hard to get chins into a trio.... I went through that last year trying to put all mine in trios. Definitly get some pics!

Success!! They sound like they're off to a great start. Too bad they wouldn't let you capture their bonding on camera!

Success!! They sound like they're off to a great start. Too bad they wouldn't let you capture their bonding on camera!

I think all of my boys have grown to HATE my camera...except for Gideon LOL. He is "King Chin" and absolutely loves posing for the camera!

I got a few pics!!!

Remi saying "Mom, what the heck is going on here?"
DSC00956.jpg

Frack "brought" Remi one of his hay cubes WOW
DSC00962.jpg

Frack & Remi sleeping (no it's not what it looks like LOL)
DSC00966.jpg

So Cute!
DSC00968.jpg

Frick sleeping in Remi's favorite spot!
DSC00959.jpg

Awww! Cuteness! Congrats on promoting peace and unity in your little chin kingdom.

Roo's quarantine is just about over and I thought of introducing him to Cheeko & Gideon...ha ha another trio! Roo is very laid back, alot like Cheeko (standards seem to be the most "normal" LOL) so I think they'll get along fine. Then there's Gideon....you just never know with him. I'm going to intro them slowly and see how it goes!

Congratz! They are very cute. I received my trio already introed, but I'm wondering if I shouldnt try and pair one of my singles with my doubles... or even try the single together again... Intros are so stressful sometimes!

Congratz! They are very cute. I received my trio already introed, but I'm wondering if I shouldnt try and pair one of my singles with my doubles... or even try the single together again... Intros are so stressful sometimes!

They certainly can be stressful, but I've learned through experience that the more relaxed you are the better they do!

Your pictures are always so darned cute. I had a look at your photogallery on your web page and your herd is so darned cute. It really is amazing to see how much weight Roo has put on! I love the faces Gideon makes. He's a hoot.

Your pictures are always so darned cute. I had a look at your photogallery on your web page and your herd is so darned cute. It really is amazing to see how much weight Roo has put on! I love the faces Gideon makes. He's a hoot.

Aww thanks! I'm proud to have such cute boys!! Roo is doing well and he's such a sweetheart! My goal is to put him with Cheeko & Gideon, but I don't have high hopes....you never know, Gideon may surprise me and be very accepting. Yes, the faces he makes are a trip! You'll have to come by my house one day to meet all of them!!

Gideon is feeling like maybe if he's too much trouble he should come back home to mama.

I was just looking through some old pics the other day and had a bunch of Gideon that made me miss him. :(

Gideon is feeling like maybe if he's too much trouble he should come back home to mama.

I was just looking through some old pics the other day and had a bunch of Gideon that made me miss him. :(

Awww, I totally understand missing him! He's NO trouble...I love the little guy like crazy!! I adore his feistiness and his "attitude"...he's alot like me that way LOL. He's so funny though, when I let everyone out together (yes, all 5 of them) he stands post in the top of his cage and as soon as someone tries to come in, he chases them off LOL. The only way the other guys can run on "Gideons" wheel is if I distract him on the other side of the room LOL. He's also VERY watchful over my son...he doesn't like any other chinnies around him and will chase them away...it's so cute.

Back