Props and Perspectives

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whimmus

Props...

props_01_01.jpg

props_01_03.jpg

Oh, Whimmus -- once again you have SCORED!!!

Great shots -- I LOVE Uncle Fungus as the Dark Lord, and the whiskery one of Boo or Cos hanging down looks like a bat!!!

LOVE your new sig!!!

Great pics, my son cannot stop repeating "Darth Fungus *laughter*." Apparently that is the most hilarious thing he has seen and heard lately LOL!

Those are great pics, so clear too. That camera you're holding looks really high-tech. Love the pic of the white chinchilla with his/her blubber spilling out between the cage bars.

Wow, those are so cute! I love the first one, motochin!
I like the lighting in the last pic, its like he is coming out of the darkness to steal your brain!

Okay seriously when are you putting out your coffee table book on chin pictures! You NEED to do one! These pictures are great! I really can't even pic a favorite one I like them both so much.

Thanks. A book? I have way too many other projects on the go... and I'm a Web guy.

What about a random chinchilla photo server? :thinking:

For those noticing the clarity of the photos... while part of it is the lighting (flash) and equipment (dSLR), a significant portion is the depth of field, or focus. This is something anyone here can make use of with practically any camera. By putting the background (and foreground sometimes) out of focus, you put far more emphasis on the subject. Your eye naturally locks onto the sharp areas and the blur in the periphery actually emphasizes them.

The photo of Snowball looking out of her cage by the bars is a prime example. You see things as you'd see them in reality... as I did when I took the photo. If I'd wanted to look at the far wall through the cage or the bars in the foreground, my eyes have to put her out of focus to do it. The 'clarity' people are seeing is partially an illusion. In purely technical terms, my photos are no more or less clear (as a measure of light and focus) than the majority of photos taken and shared here.

Experiment!! And take LOTS of photos. The latter is very important. The pros do it and flash memory is reusable. For every one I share here, I must take 12-20.

But I'm giving away some of my secrets here, so I'll shut up now. :)

I'm glad you enjoy them.

Last edited:
ditto on the helmet pic - though it looks more like a space pod with a furry alien peeking out

:clap: Awesome pics, I always look forward to seeing your pics of your chins! Thanks for sharing!

Wonderful pics as always!! I recently got a Sony DSLR-A300 and use a 70mm lense (I think that's right)...anyway, I love this camera!! I really wanted to get a Leica, but that's way too much $$. The pics are great and your subjects even greater...thanks for sharing with us!

How the heck do you get those shots???

By the time I press the shutter half way they are long gone......

Back