Yikes, anyone been sick like this??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoof

Kung Fu Chinny!
My friend came home from being offshore for the last two weeks. He was fine, walked in the bathroom, saw the toilet and started puking. Now every time he smells food he heaves almost uncontrollably. Been doing it for 3 days.

His wife had something like this back in November, she didn't puke, but also didn't eat for almost a week because the smell of food made her nauseous.

Dr. says flu, but yuck.

Anyone else had anything like this?

Eww..I had something bad like that a few years ago...I had to go to the hospital and they called the health department it was so bad. I had to ride it out though, unfortunately...and it lasted about a week :( They had asked me if I was out of the country at all but I hadn't been...apparently I picked up some african strain of the flu from somewhere....it was BAD

Oh yeah, I had that once. I am the anti-vomitter. I would rather be sick for a year than throw up once. I got sick when I was pregnant and thought I was going to die. I couldn't inhale that I was throwing up.

Just a few months ago I had the same thing. The worst part was, it would happen everywhere. All I would do was drive down the road and start vomiting. It got to the point I had to carry plastic bags in my car.

Doctors said it was just "the flu." Ugh. Nasty, nasty stuff.

Offshore as an oil rig or island? Possibly caught a tropical bug. They can be hard on you if you're not immune to the same stuff the locals are.

Closed U.S. boat, he does underwater seismic graphing. I believe there are 17 people total on the boat. He says one of the guys came on with it, and they didn't know, took him three weeks to kick it. :(

Well, he was doing good enough yesterday to help me paint, today it appears he is back to square 1. :(

I am not looking forward to possibly getting that.

Oh no, that sounds terrible! Fingers crossed you don't get it. I came back from China with something awful- but no doctors could figure it out. I took a few broad spectrum antibiotics and eventually got better, who knows why. I hate throwing up. It has to be the worst thing ever.

Oh yeah, I had that once. I am the anti-vomitter. I would rather be sick for a year than throw up once. I got sick when I was pregnant and thought I was going to die. I couldn't inhale that I was throwing up.

Just a few months ago I had the same thing. The worst part was, it would happen everywhere. All I would do was drive down the road and start vomiting. It got to the point I had to carry plastic bags in my car.

Doctors said it was just "the flu." Ugh. Nasty, nasty stuff.

I feel the same way about puking. I will do whatever it takes to hold it down - I refuse to vomit. Thank goodness I had boys and never went through morning sickness!

I was so sick about 3 weeks ago. No puking, just feverish and my entire body hurt. Pain medicine, flu medicine, nothing made me feel any better. It kept me up all night and all day. I thought that if life was like this I would rather die. But after a couple of days I felt much better but had a sore throat which turned out to be strep. I'm a stay at home mom, and I was the only one to get sick. Couldn't figure where I came in contact with such a nasty bug! The only good out of it was my husband happened to have those days off and watched the kids for me and waited on me and worried about me. It made me feel loved :heart3:

Back