How much of the eye drops are actually supposed to stay in the eye?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peachydays

<--My sweet girl Gregory
Some of you already know that I took Ralph to the vet this after noticing something just didn't seem right with his eye, and that the vet said he had a mild eye infection. He was prescribed a course of Tobramycin antibiotics, and so far he's had 4 doses. His eye already looks better!

To give him the eye drops, I hold him on my lap, pull back his eye lid, and then give him the drop. Inevitably though, after a few minutes, some of it comes out. Do I need to be concerned about that?

I would not worry about it...mine does the same thing when I put eye drops in. I think it's okay because a good amount still gets in. :)

you're lucky you even got some in his eye! When I had to put Chubbs' eyedrops in, she was not having ANY of it and they would go everywhere but her eye. The vet then prescribed an eye ointment that I had much better luck with. :)

UHgurl5621 said:
I would not worry about it...mine does the same thing when I put eye drops in. I think it's okay because a good amount still gets in. :)

Great! I guess it's like when I use rewetting drops for my contacts...not all of it makes it in there, but the job still gets done.

Deena, I'm really not sure how this has been so easy! Ralph is quite the opinionated little chinnie!

I use eyedrops daily and no matter how long I tip my head back, some always runs out. I think they take that into consideration when they make the dosage charts.

Back