Chin curious of Dog

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TmG

My dog sleeps in my room and Carl (my chin's) cage is set up in there. My dog (chancey) is very...unhappy when we get a new animal. Not aggressive she just ignores them. Completley. Which is good in a way. Id never let carl out or even near chancey even if they were the best of friends. Its been 2 weeks sense we got him and my dog goes around the edges of the cage and picks up any food that has dropped out of his cage because carls a messy eater. He follows her along the cage inside and its insanley cute :bliss: and all but should i be worried about the interaction between them even though hes in the cage? Should i make my dog stop? :confused:

Carl might be following Chancey because he is afraid of her. I would stop the behavior; there's no point in putting that stress on Carl.

He sticks his nose out though? Wouldn't he be running away if he was afraid of her? Or maybe its a territorial thing.

dogs are predators. chins are prey animals. mixing the two is never a good idea. all it takes is one snap from Chancey when Carl has his nose through the cage bars to do some serious damage to Carl. I would make it so the dog cannot be in the same room as the chin, due to the chance of diseases being carried to the chin from the dog. i am one of those very careful people when it comes to my pets.

dogs are predators. chins are prey animals. mixing the two is never a good idea. all it takes is one snap from Chancey when Carl has his nose through the cage bars to do some serious damage to Carl. I would make it so the dog cannot be in the same room as the chin, due to the chance of diseases being carried to the chin from the dog. i am one of those very careful people when it comes to my pets.

agreed'

Back